About This Educational Activity
Title: You and MDS – An Animated Patient's Guide to Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Launch date: July 27, 2018
Title: You and MDS – New Modules on MDS-Related Anemia
Launch date: June 26, 2019
This educational activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of patients and caregivers affected by Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS).
This educational activity has been developed by the Myelodysplastic Syndromes Foundation, Inc. and Mechanisms in Medicine Inc.
This website is part of the Animated Patient™ series developed by Mechanisms in Medicine Inc., to provide highly visual formats of learning for patients to improve their understanding, make informed decisions, and partner with their healthcare professionals for optimal outcomes.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Acceleron Pharma, Celgene Corporation, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, and Takeda Oncology.
Dr. Alan F. List, MD
President and CEO, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
Frank and Carol Morsani Endowed Chair
Dr. Stephen D. Nimer, MD
Director, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Professor of Medicine, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Dr. David A. Sallman, MD
Assistant Member, Department of Malignant Hematology
Moffitt Cancer Center
Rafael Bejar, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology and Oncology
Director, MDS Center of Excellence
University of California San Diego
Moores Cancer Center
La Jolla, California
Casey L. O’Connell, MD
Associate Professor, Jane Anne Nohl Division of Hematology
University of Southern California
Director, Gehr Cures Myeloid Malignancy Program
Los Angeles, California
Conflict of Interest Disclosures:
Mechanisms In Medicine Inc. is committed to providing its learners with high quality educational activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this educational activity:
- Dr. Alan F. List - Consulting fees received from Cellular Biomedicine Group, Celgene, and Jazz Pharma
- Dr. Stephen D. Nimer - Nothing to disclose
- Dr. David A. Sallman - Research funding and speaker fees received from Celgene
- Dr. Rafael Bejar - Research funding received from Takeda. Consulting fees received from Celgene and Xian Janssen. Travel grant received from Xian Janssen.
- Dr. Casey L. O’Connell – Research funding received from Astex/Otsuka. Consulting fees received from Astex/Otsuka and Pfizer.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance their own personal development.
- The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management.
- Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should be discussed with your physician.
is an internet-based educational program available on Mac and PC. Click here
to view Technical Requirements